Tandi

Saturday, October 23, 2004

You think it's an OFF week, but it's NOT!

This WEEK:

This week is fall break for my college, but it's never a break for me. At the beginning of the week, I had to make sure things were in check for the break to come with the sceduling with my DJ's. I did a lot of voice tracking this week to cover for shifts. I scheduled for the rest of the week and had a music committee meeting to make sure everything would be done before everyone left. I did get a little break, which I'll explain more about. I also had to board op the football game today, and I have to go to Froggy tonight!


ELMIRA, NEW YORK!
My friend, as I mentioned in prior blogs, landed a job as a reporter in Elmira New York at WENY. She has lived in Pennsylvania all her life and this is a HUGE step for her. She was overwhelmed, but excited. I wanted to be a good friend and ease her mind a little, so I offered to help her apartment hunt for a day. I went there this week and the town was very quaint, but very cute. It was really nice. We found a wonderful apartment for her within an hour! The best part was that the real estate agent showed us all these great local places to eat for dinner and when we went back to find them, it was impossible, so we decided to go to Pizza Hut because that was thew only thing we could find. When we were eating dinner I asked the waiter for a phone book, so I could see what radio stations were in Elmira. I didn't feel like writing all these numbers down, so I ripped out the page in the phone book when no one was looking. So, needless to say, I probably have some Pizza Hut employees after me. We drove past WENY and it was 2 buildings and they were small, but it seemed as though the environment was really nice. I'm very prpud of Melissa! She's actually doing what she's aspired to do with her career! She's really moving up! So, many miles and mixed tapes later, we went home and the next day, I finally got to send out my K-Rock demo to Infinity that I had been working on for 3 weeks! Since I was already going to go to the post office to send out resumes, I thought I'd check out the ripped phone book page of radio stations. I found this one radio station that didn't have a website, so I decided to call their phone number. A very polite and enthusiastc man answered the phone and I asked if they had a website. He said they did not have an active one. Since most people that answer the phones at stations are receptionists, I asked if he knew if they had any on-air openings. The guy said, "Yes, I do." I said "Oh, YOU do?" In disbelief, he told me that he was the General Manager and he had an opening for a female at an AC station. He was really nice and really pleasant. He gave me a good vibe about the station. He also somehow started talking to me about how he had a pet rabbit and I should get one. Anyway, it seemed nice and I though, why not and why wait? So, I applied for that job too. I'll keep everyone posted about what happens. It was a fun and worth while trip!

ARTICLE:


"Viacom Loses Cross-Ownership Appeal"
The Third Circuit Court of Appeals has denied the company's petition asking that the stay on implementation of the FCC's new radio-TV cross-ownership rules be lifted. Industry watchers expected the denial, given that the court has remanded the FCC's numerical station ownership limits for further justification. Earlier this year the court granted an FCC motion seeking authority to enact its new Arbitron-based radio-market-definition rules.


I actually have a question in reguard to this article...What do you think about the FCC's new radio-TV-cross ownership rules? Do you think it's a good idea? Do you think it will help the radio industry? Do you think it will hurt the radio industry?

I think it will help because owners will do all they can to make their ratings great and the radio station would have a lot of easy promotion with the same company owning programs or stations of Television.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!

Just wanted to say Happy 22nd Birthday to Pat Sandora! We had a double celebration last night! It was Pat's Birthday and Melissa new job celebration last night! We went to the Cheescake Factory in Pittsburgh! I had the BEST sandwich I've ever had! We then went out for some dancing and some drinks on the South Side!

FROGGY!!!!
Once again, Betty Croaker is on tonight if you are up! Please listen! Midnight to 6AM! 94.9, 98.3, 104.3, 103.5! Tune in!


1 Comments:

At October 24, 2004 at 8:03 AM, Blogger Pat Sandora said...

Thanks, Tandi!

Rumshakers ruled!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home