Tandi

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Goodbye Summer, Hello School!

FIRST WEEK FOR EVERYTHING!

Wow! This has been a crazy, but exciting week! Everyone came back to school this week and as the Program Director for Titan Radio, a lot had to be done! And here's what I did....

1) I had to first make a Mandatory Meeting for all the students that wanted to be DJ's and have a shift on the first day of school. I set this up and communicated this through e-mail.

2) I made sheets and guidelines for the DJ's to follow. Everyone seemed really enthusiastic to get back in gear and get back on the air.

3) I had a meeting with just the Morning show personalities as well this week. They have all had great morning shows so far! This makes me a VERY HAPPY Program Director!

4) Everyone was on the air the first day of school and it has been a very long time since that has happened. We usually wait a couple weeks until we start shifts! This also made me happy!

5) All the morning shows and shifts have been great. I just need the newer DJ's to focus on giving information that pertains to the whole listening audience and not just the campus listening audience.

I have worked myself very hard this week, but I'm not complaining. Everybody needs my advice and my help and that's good. I feel I am advancing in my leadership skills as a Program Director.

I definately want to become a Director of some sort, whether it be music director or program director, or eventually VP of Programming later. I still have a strong passion for announcing as well! We'll see what this upcoming week has to bring! I'm sure it'll be full of excitement just like every other week!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home