Tandi

Thursday, September 02, 2004

My First Job in the biz

FROGGY






Last night was my first night at Froggy 98.3 in Pittsburgh!

Over the summer, I sent my resume and tape into Froggy after seeing a post online that they needed part time weekend people. At the time, I was interning with Y108 and Froggy is Y108's biggest competitor. I sent my stuff in on a Thursday, it probably got there by Friday and to my SUPRISE, the Program Director, Jimmy Hoppa called me on Monday!

*I am doing over nights there on Saturdays and he said he would move me up to daytime if I sounded good on the air. He said he really liked my resume tape and that is why he hired me! This made me very excited and happy!

*I trained last night and it was a little overwhelming because commcercial radio is a lot different from Titan radio, but the concepts were the same. I learned pretty quickly. Annephibian trained me and she was very patient and helpful.

*I learned the Maestro system and it was very interesting.

*I then found out that I am put on network hours meaning I am on all 4 Froggy stations at the same time! I'm ready to jump right in though.

*I have to say I am proud of myself. I created my resume and resume tape to cater to the job, I sent it out, I got a call, and I followed through! I'm on the air in Pittsburgh, a #23 market at a 4th ranked station! This is awesome!

*I love this business! I think my name is going to be Betty Croaker, but that is not certain yet! Listen for me on Saturday nights starting at midnight! I would appreciate it! I'll be on 94.9, 103.5, 104.3, and 98.3! Call me while I'm there on the studio line 1-866-983-9898. I'll keep you updated on my ventures at Froggy!




3 Comments:

At September 5, 2004 at 6:53 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Tandi: I enjoy reading about your experience at Froggy, but I think it may be prudent to alert your employer that you have a class assignment about blogging what you do each week in broadcasting. Some employers may be skiddish about employees having an online outlet like this. If there is a problem, we can work around it...I just want to make sure they're cool with it and they may want you to stick with generalizations or say little or nothing at all. It's more of a proprietary thing with competition and corporations and it would professional to clear it with your superiors.

 
At September 6, 2004 at 7:40 AM, Blogger Tandi Lane said...

Sounds good! I completely understand! I will ask the program director this week.

 
At September 14, 2004 at 11:38 AM, Blogger Tandi Lane said...

Thanks Ian! You're the greatest! Love ya buddy! I appreciate the support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home