Tandi

Friday, September 24, 2004

MORNING SHOW CRAZINESS!

MORNING SHOW:
Sebastian Driver Salazar and myself have a morning show every Friday that we ever so cleverly named "Driver in the Fast Lane." My last name is Lane and his is Driver, so it works! We have centered our morning show around relationships and how they work and we have battle of the sexes every week. We work very well together and we play off of each other. I think that is the success of our morning show so far. We've had some great feedback! All the morning shows run Monday through Friday from 7AM to 10AM.

WHAT I DID THIS WEEK:
This has been a busy week, but what's new? I say that every week! I produced reported and anchored the newscasts at 4 and 5 on Monday. I had my fun radio shift on Monday, which was wonderful. That is where I love to be, playing music and relating to the audience. I trained a new on air personality this week. I made a promo for the weekly Westminster College news magazine through our saw editing program. I loaded in and scheduled music this week. The biggest event that happened this week was that we got our new computer! We have two production studios and our master control studio. We were using one of the studios as a back up, so we were down to one production room! It has been chaos for about a month. But, we got the new computer this week and everything in the station is running great! I loaded in new music and new promos, it was wonderful! The best part about the whole ordeal was that the audience never knew that we were having problems and that is a HUGE lesson in radio and broadcasting in general. Never let the audience know there is something wrong! I had a music meeting this week and next week as the Program Director I am starting Aircheck week! I had an e-mail from a job prospect in Maryland. I'll keep everyone updated on that!

OH NO BRITNEY AND JANET:
Two ladies that always seem to be in the headlines were there again this week! Janet had the largest fine ever from the FCC if everything follows through with her exposed breast at last year's Superbowl. Britney is married again, but it's not legal yet. She's always pulling stunts to make news. I know people either love her or hate her, but you can't help but be intigued by her.

FROGGY:
Long week this week, but that's good! The program director from Froggy called and he wants to get me more hours, so I'm on two week days this week! Tune in for Betty Croaker on 104.3, 103.5, 94.9, or 98.3! I'll be on Sunday to Monday from 12AM-5AM, and I'll be on Wednesday to Thursday from 12AM-5AM. Tune in!


*TIME FOR ANOTHER EXCITING WEEK IN THE WORLD OF BROADCASTING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home