Tandi

Thursday, September 16, 2004

My Career Goals

SHORT AND LONG TERM!

SHORT TERM:

I want to create dynamic attention grabbing resume tapes. I want resume tapes that include one for announcing, one for radio news, and on for tv packages, and one for production skills. I want to excel in my Titan Radio program director position as much as possible. I want take advantage of all my resources while I can. I can do everything here at Westminster and I will only be performing one certain job when I get out of college. I want to do really well at Froggy, so that could possibly turn into a full time job upon graduation. I want to meet people and network with those in the business. I want to be in Virgnia or someplace warm, or I would love to stay in Pittsburgh. In an ADI 23 right now part time. I would like to be on air in a top 30 Market upon graduation.

LONG TERM:

In the long run, I really have a strong desire to become an executive. I like being a leader and I think I am a good leader. As long as I am knowledgable and confident, I can make the station I'm in charge of have the same feel. When I graduate, I want to be on the air full time, then I want to move up to being an on-air personality as well as a Program Director or Music Director. One Day, I want to be the Vice President of a Broadcasting Corporation. I love Infinity Broadcasting. I would love to be the Vice President of that corporation. I will work as hard as I can and I will always be on the lookout for jobs in fields that I want. I have no problem moving around and relocating to get the job I've always longed for. I would love to work in a CHR Pop format in a top 20 ADI. I am a competitive person and I want to end up in New York in the # 1 Market! I want sastisfaction and happiness in my job. I could love this business, but the day I stop loving means I'm working at the wrong station because there is no way I could lose my drive to strive for an executive position in the radio industry. I also want to make sure I enjoy the little things about my jobs on the way up because if I'm happy somewhere, maybe my long term goal will change. I'll see on my way up the ladder!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home