Tandi

Thursday, September 16, 2004

ALL IS WELL!

JOB SEARCHING ALWAYS!

I started hardcore job searching this week! I applied for 8 jobs this week that ranged from Program Director positions to Music Director Positions, to on-air positions! All of them suit me well! I know it's early to apply for jobs since I don't graduate until May, but I don't want to get behind or to lose momentum. If there is a job posted and it looks good....I'm going for it! So watch out radio industry....Here I come! This process was done on my own time this week, which was difficult, but I did complete it and got everything sent out today!


LEADER ON CAMPUS!

I was invited to a dinner among leader's on the Westminster campus with the President of the college. There were many "Presidents" there. It was an honor to be invited though. I'm finding the certain privleges that come with being program director quite nice! That goes without saying that I've worked very hard to get this position and to have these perks!

Reguardless of the "perks" I still have a very strong work ethic. I've been raised to be that way! I just realized this week how much I'm like my Dad when it comes to work. We both love our jobs, but we work hard to get what we want! Go Lane family!

THIS WEEK!

This week I applied myself more towards my Program Director duties, but I still had my News reporter duties as well! I am really enjoying my Broadcast Journalism class because it's hands on, doing what we're learning, without lectures and power points. I think that is the best way to learn in this business.

I wrote and produced newscasts this week. I wrote and got sound for a lot of stories about possible flooding from Hurricane Ivan because we are supposed to get a lot of rain. The meteorologists at the National Weather Service are my new best friends. I think I've called them about 10 times since last week!

In programming we had our first Music committee meeting this week and it went very well! I want to stay up to date with music since that is our main sell for Titan Radio! We are the only Hot AC station around and we are the only station that plays commercial free music!

I updated the on-air shift schedule as fellow program directors know that can be a hassle. It'll probably change again next week, but I'll stay on top of it! I've been listening to the DJ's and I've made some critiques, but everyone is still getting the hang of it!

Soon I am having an Aircheck week meaning everyone has to aircheck their shift that week and give it to me and I will critique it via e-mail. I am going to pick these weeks at random to make sure people don't slack off.

I have been approached by the Dean of Student Affairs to talk at a Lead Luncheon. I am going to talk about the different genres of music and why different demographics tend to listen to certain genres of music. This will take place on October 14th and it'll be very interesting. Outsiders of the community are welcome to come. I will keep you updated!

I had my on-air shifts this week, which I LOVE having! I get to have my own on-air personality and I am comfortable with being on the air!


TV!

I don't very often get to watch tv other than the news because I am always listening to the radio, but I taped the Apprectice this evening and I'm excited to watch it! I love it when Donald fires people! I really respect Donald Trump as a Business Man!

FROGGY!

Make sure you all listen for Betty Croaker this Saturday night from 7 to midnight and Monday from midnight to 5 on 103.5, 104.3, 94.9, and 98.3!















1 Comments:

At September 17, 2004 at 9:11 AM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Tandi: Your aircheck policy is definitely one of the defining moments of your Titan PD administration. Bold and important move this early in the semester.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home