Tandi

Thursday, October 14, 2004

I LIVE IT!

This week:

I listened to almost all the airchecks and most of my on-air personalities know what their doing, but I typed out notes for them and critiqued. They all said the notes were helpful so that is good. Feedback as a Program Director helps because I want the station to sound the best it can without being mean. I think this really helped everyone! I was pleasently suprised by the morning shows! They were all wonderful and they can only improve!

I started to make a K-Rock demo because I went to visit the people at my internship last Friday and they told me that there was still a position open at K-Rock and that I should apply. That meant a lot because I felt like the people at Infinity wanted me to work with them! I called the Promotions Director to see if there was anything I could talk about in my demo that was going on currently and she told me a few things that I hope helps my demo. I also checked the rock charts to see what music was topping the charts that I could play the tail end or intro in my demo. It's going good, it's just a long process. I'll keep you posted when it is finished and ready to send out!

I sent out my materials to a program director/announcer job in Virginia. The job was posted on all access and I applied via e-mail and they contacted me to send them my materials, so I got that sent out promptly on Tuesday.

I was invited to present in front of a Faculty Luncheon about music and society and how music impacts us today. It was very interesting and the crowd participated heavily, which was great! It made me feel like thye were really interested in the subject!

I had 2 great newscasts this week! One on Monday and one on Thursday!

My friend Melissa Batulis snagged a job this week in Elmira New York at WENY as a reporter! Congratulations!

I'll be on Froggy this weekend as Betty Croaker on Saturday from 7 to midnight on 98.3, 103.5, 104.3, and 94.9. Listen and call in! 1-866-983-9898!

ARTICLE!



Bill O'Reilly Sues Over Alleged Extortion Scheme
The Fox News personality and Westwood One-syndicated radio talker has filed a lawsuit against a New York City attorney, the attorney's law firm and a Fox News employee for reportedly attempting to extort $60 million dollars from O'Reilly. According to papers filed in a Nassau County, NY court today, O'Reilly claims that attorney Benedict P. Morelli and a female employee of Fox News threatened to sue him for alleged sexual harassment of the woman unless the talk host agreed to pay a reported $60 million in hush money. In addition to the extortion lawsuit, O'Reilly is also seeking damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress and wrongful interference with contractual relations, saying that the employee and Morelli's accusations threatened to impair his reputation with his employer and the public. Although the damages sought by O'Reilly are unspecified, he told reporters that he would donate 100% of all monetary damages that he receives to charity.


*This should not happen. Watch out for extortion when you're in the business. I'm sure o'Reilly will be battling this for a long time to come! I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2004 at 12:24 PM, Blogger Amy DalBon said...

I know I already saw you over break but good luck with all your job applications. I know you feel kind of stressed but you have no need to worry. You'll find something that might not be your dream job now but once employers see your dedication and work ethic you'll be able to take over. Don't forget to keep me posted about the K-rock job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home