Tandi

Thursday, October 07, 2004

PRODUCTIVE WEEK

* This week has been very productive for me as a Program Director. I helped my on-air personalities technically on running the board.

Aircheck Week:
*I listened to all my disc jockey's tapes from Aircheck week and I think it helped a lot to see where they were with their skills. Some people I was amazed by and some people need to work on alot. Some people just need to tweek a couple of things. This is a valuable step as a program direcotr because you want you on-air staff to be at their best. I have to say, I was most impressed by the morning shows that I listened to. They all had great chemistry with their co-hosts. They had topical information, they had community bulletins. They were on top of it. These are times when a Program Director is very pleased and happy about the way things are going. I typed up notes for each of them and gave them back their notes. I felt good with the constructive criticism I gave. They can now work on these things for the next aircheck week I'll be having, but they should be airchecking themselves all the time!

NEWS:
*I produced the newscast this morning and there was some pressure to finish because some stories were falling through, but it all worked out great! I now do not feel pressured by dead lines unless something is really wrong! I know dead lines, I breath them everyday of my life, I live dead lines! So, bring them on!

Promotion:
*I want to to a "Family Day" Promotion. At least this is what I'll call it! I called up the local Pizza Joe's who listens to our station all the time, so they are always pleasant to work with. We are going to have people call in during the morning shows and they'll be the eighth caller and they win a slice of Pizza. Then all the winners from that week will get their names drawn in for the grand prize and we'll have some sort of trivia question and the winner that calls in first and answers correctly wins the BIG prize pack. It will be like 2 or 3 large pizzas and a bigger prize...hints...the family pack! I will make a promo that will run all that week for Pizza Joe's and I will have my DJ's read an on-air promo at least once an hour that week! It will be good. It's planned for the second week in November!

INFINITY:
*I'm going to visit the place of my internship tomorrow in Pittsburgh! I had a wonderful experience over the summer and I would love to work there when I'm finished with school! So, I am going to continuously keep in touch with them and send them my airchecks from Froggy! I worked with Star 100.7, K-Rock 93.7, and Y108.

MUSIC LUNCH PRESENTATION:
*I was invited to present at a lunch with important faculty on the Westminster campus about music and how music impacts people, etc. This happens next week, Oct. 14th! I'll keep everyone posted on how it turns out!

FROGGY!
I'm on the air tomorrow night! October 9th as Betty Croaker from midnight to 6AM on 98.3, 104.3, 103.5, and 94.9! Please listen if you can!

Not a Howard Fan!
* This week, there was an article on the AP wire about Howard Stern leaving Infinity Broadcasting in 15 or so months to move to Sirius Sattellite radio. This means fans will have to pay to hear Howard Stern. He wanted to be free to say what he wanted without FCC regulators. He said on the air Tuesday morning that he is "getting a divorce" from Infinity Broadcasting. He'll reach every Market in the Country. As everyone know, I interned with Infinity Broadcasting over the summer and I was there when they changed there long runing top 40 B94 radio station to K-Rock just because they wanted Howard Stern since Clear Channel wouldn't take him back! Even though this recent change stinks for Infinity in Pittsburgh, I feel very knowledgable because when it happened, I thought that the last think Pittsburgh needed was another Rock station. They needed to create an Oldies station and go up against Clear Channel's Oldies Station, 3WS on 94.5FM. I think this would have been more successful instead of going up against the 3 rock stations already in Pittsburgh. Now, with K-Rock, there are four. We'll see what happens with the ratings at K-Rock. I say NO to Howard Stern!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home