Tandi

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Broadcasting Fiend!

THIS WEEK:

It's so hard to reflect on everything that I do every week because there is so much that happens in matter of seven days....I try my best though.

*Last week was fall break and I really didn't have much of a break. But, that's okay. That's the biz and I love it! I scheduled music and had a music committee meeting just like every week. We are very good and quick! We all have different ideas, but I always have the last say in what happens. I am planning on bringing in some outsiders soon to listen to and rate the music we pick. A focus group. I like to have feedback from others in the target demographic. It's always good to find out more about what your audience wants.

*I had my newscast on Monday and I had one of those soundbites or people on the phone that never be quiet. She gave me way to much information. So, it took a long time to prepare that Actuality because the lady talked for 12 minutes. It was an excellent news cast as always because we work very hard to make it new and fresh and good every week.

*I had to meet with my adviser today about my last set of classes FOREVER! That was really weird because I knew this was the last time I will ever schedule for classes and have to take them. It was the last time for written tests and it just brings me back to the short and forthcoming graduation date (May 14th) ahead. This means the job search is getting a bit more hectic now. I shouldn't have to worry too much though. I've already applied to at least 30 places this year. I just hope I get a job somewhere. I am hoping to start out in a small market and dominate unless I have the chance to work with Infinity in Pittsburgh. It is coming though and I want to be ready.

*In my senior project proposal I wanted a production, announcing, television, and radio news resume tape. I am still all about all these tasks. I am shooting a television package on Friday at the Scottish Rite Cathedral in New Castle. A priest who is also a musician travels the world putting on concerts and donating all the ticket sales to local charities in the area.

*I called my boss from my internship over the summer who is also a DJ on K-Rock and he told me he's do anything to help me. I called to tell him that I sent my stuff into K-Rock in case he was asked about it so he wasn't caught off gaurd. They are like a family there at Infinity and I love them! I would love so much to have the opportunity to work there.

*My fun and sarcastic morning show co-host Sebastian Driver Salazar and I have our morning show tomorrow "Driver in the Fast Lane" after last week's hiatus. We always have a good time and I plan on saving a lot of our talk breaks for a morning show resume tape because that would be my dream to be on a morning show and we ARE actually GOOD! We play very well off of each other and I've gotten great feedback about our show.

DANCE:

*Me and my other wonderful choreographer Pat Sandora are gearing up for dance team! They look great and we spent a lot of time on top of our busy schedules making up thier dance! It looks awesome and I'm really excited! The first game is November 19th! Come see them!

I'm Hopp'n Through Another 12 in a Row!

*I'm off to Froggy again this Sunday from midnight to 6! Because of the time change, I have a seven hour shift instead of a 6 hour shift! Tune into Betty Croaker in Pittsburgh! 94.9, 104.3, 103.5, 98.3!


ARTICLE:

Will Howard Stern Make An Early Exit From Infinity?
While Sirius President/CEO Joe Clayton said this morning during his company's Q3 earnings conference call that he'd be open to negotiating a deal to bring Stern to Sirius before his scheduled January 2006 arrival, Clayton doesn't expect Infinity to let the WXRK/New York syndicated morning host leave just yet. "His ratings are now higher than they've been at any time, and I don't think Infinity is going to walk away from that advertising revenue," Clayton said. "Infinity could chase him off the air, which I find highly unlikely, or they could just let him go on as is throughout the 2005 time period." However, Clayton added, "If it's in the benefit of Howard Stern, Infinity, and Sirius, if something could be worked out earlier, that is a possibility as well. But there are a lot of different moving parts, and its difficult to comment."


*What will Infinity do if Howard leaves early? Do you see a new morning show in the works for Pittsburgh? Do you think they'll buy another syndicated morning show? What's left for a rock station in Pittsburgh? Bob and Tom is already taken from Steel City Media with 96.9 WRRK.


HAVE A GREAT WEEK!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home