Tandi

Sunday, August 22, 2004

LOTS HAS HAPPENED

A lot has happened since I last placed a post on here. This is what happened first.....

ARTS AND HERITAGE FESTIVAL:

We broadcasted live and did a live remote from the 2nd Annual New Wilmington Arts and Heritage Festival the first weekend in August. Chuck and Amy Dalbon cleaned out the Cable 9 truck and we were placed in front of the physical plant. We gave some thrilling and exciting tours of the truck. The plan was to show people in the community how live broadcasts go out over the air into what they see on television. I made promos in the production room, on-air promos, and I scheduled the summer Titan Radio staff so that everyone would have at least one day off during the 3 day event (August 6th -August 8th). Everyone got a day off except of course ME! But, the I do what I have to and want to do! It is always a must to print out the log for the hours you will be on a remote because the board operator has to throw it down to the DJ's, and end with the DJ's. I printed the log for all three days and scheduled when every talk break and every interview would be. Of course, things were adjusted and changed a little as the remote went on. I met cloggers and interviewed the mayor of New Wilmington, the Humane Society, the New Castle playhouse mini-stars, a doctor that creates and sells Marshmallow blow guns, a traveling Gospel choir, and many more. The interviews were fun to do. It is important with our new coverage that we make appearances at local events and this one was perfect and easy to do live with the marti becasue it was right on Market Street! Everyone did a great job, and it sounded fun and professional. I also met a lot of people that said how much they enjoy the station and that they listen all the time! This made me extremely excited and happy. So all the DJ's that come back for the school year need to remember that they should always give their shift the best they can give cause people are listening. I'm not very good with the whole placing pictures on here yet, but Pat has pictures from the festival on his blog. They are very cute and I'll try to put mine on here soon!

I also finished my internship this past week and I did interviews and a delayed broadcast from the Lawrence County Fair. I will go into more detail on my next blog...

For now, if I can put the pics on here correctly, here are pictures of me with my fellow interns on our last days with Infinity...









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home