Tandi

Friday, April 01, 2005

RESUME TAPE OUTLINE

Tandi Lane
Outline/Capstone


Resume Tape Outline

*I want to include many elements on my resume tape showcasing my ability to handle a shift and handle it well.

I. START OF THE TAPE
A. Open the mic
1. Include the best of the best talk break. Preferably a short one that includes my name, but it should be the best of the best.
2. The levels on the tape should be the same for each talk break, so I will adjust it.
3. The opening sound should be tailored to the station I am applying for and the format and the mood of that station. Research on the station should be done before choosing talk breaks for the tape.

II. MIDDLE OF THE TAPE
1. Should still include a variety of talk breaks. I will use a long one because it is good and I have a caller. This shows that I can relate to and deal with this listeners in a good manner.
2. The middle of the tape should still be the best of the best of my talk breaks for an effective resume tape. Just because it’s the middle doesn’t mean the tape should die, it should keep momentum and still be the best of what I have.

III. END OF THE TAPE
1. Once again, this part should still be the best of the best.
2. I would like for the tape to NOT sound like it ends abruptly. It would be nice to have a talk break that heads into a stop set or a last talk break of my shift.
3. The tape should be no longer than 1 minute 15 seconds. Should really only be a minute with the best talk breaks.

*I want my tape to portray what I have to offer as a DJ. I also want it to be a good reflection of my paper resume and the skills that are listed. I’ve worked on my resume tape a lot already and I’ve had some responses, which is good. I’m still working at Froggy, so I will continue to do my best at my shifts, so I have a great selection for my tape. The tape should always be updated too. I will never hand in any talk break where I’m talking about a new song when I know that by the time I send out my tape that it will be an old song. I am only using talk breaks from Froggy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home