Tandi

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

LOVEY DOVEY

THIS WEEK:
It seems fitting in honor of Valentine's Day to type in red. This week has of course been what else, but.....A CRAZY ONE! This semester brings along a lot of homework, so I've been spending more time in the library than I like to, but I have to pass and I have to graduate! We are having a LOVE SONGS WEEKEND here at Titan Radio and we are playing 4 love songs an hour to replace our regular 80's or 90's songs. People are going to be able to make requests and dedications all weekend by calling (724) 946-7232 or emailing the station at....titanradio@westminster.edu
This should be fun! We are voice tracking for the weekend so some jocks will be on. The dedications will be played on Valentine's Day. I have been making promo after promo. I made 2 fun promos for the weekend. I also cut 2 other promos for 2 other events going on. Lot's of production this week! I'm still planning the Titan Idol event and that will take some work, but that should be really fun! We have a remote the week after next. Needless to say...Titan Radio is hopping! Poodle and I have our morning show on Friday, which is always a blast!

THE THINGS YOU DO FOR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER:
Since it is Valentine's Day week, I feel I should talk a little about the situation with my boo. I am staying in Pittsburgh and going to grad school, hopefully. We got a 4 bedroom house and I know that sounds crazy...it is, but I'm excited for it! He is also MAKING ME go to this MONSTER TRUCK RALLY on Friday night. I am NOT a country girl and needless to say, I am being forced. That's all for this week on my boo!


ARTICLE:

Tuesday, Feb. 8, 2005
J.P. Morgan Report Scares Satellite Radio Investors

Small-mid cap media analyst Barton Crockett and entertainment analyst Spencer Wang in December 2004 conducted J.P. Morgan's second consumer survey on satellite radio, receiving more than 1,600 responses that showed a diminished interest in subscribing to XM or Sirius. According to the brokerage firm, interest in satellite radio dipped from 43% of households -- seen in J.P. Morgan's May 2004 consumer study — to 35% of households. And while content exclusivity is shifting share between XM and Sirius, these don't seem to be expanding the overall market, which the brokerage says is driven mainly by commercial-free music options. "We are comfortable assuming that satellite radio achieves substantial household penetration, but not, based on the results of our survey, majority penetration," Crockett said in a report released early yesterday. J.P. Morgan maintained its "neutral" rating on both XM and Sirius, and investors seemed to react negatively yesterday: XM fell $1.09, to $31.41, while rival Sirius slipped 26 cents, to $6.16.

***HA! Looks like Howard might have some problems! Although, it doesn't matter to him, he's making $500 million for 5 years! Would you rather listen to or subscribe to Sirius or XM over regular FM radio?

**Tune in for Betty Croaker this Saturday from 7 to midnight.....94.9, 104.3, 103.5, and 98.3!











1 Comments:

At February 10, 2005 at 5:06 AM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

FYI: I sent that letter out to that grad school-- a hard copy and the e-mail. The 2nd e-mail also came back undeliverable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home