Tandi

Friday, March 18, 2005

AIR CHECK WEEK

THIS WEEK:
* Had to critique air checks for the Radio/TV announcing class this week and it was much like the air check week I conducted back in November. I was very pleased to hear how everyone is doing! Everyone has improved so much on the air. A lot of the DJ's still need to work on developing their on air personality and some technicalities, but as soon as they do that, they'll be on their way! The one thing I always want these students to knowis that they should never stop working and should never get a big ego. Especially in this business, if you get big-headed, that'll lead to the end of your career and people won't want to work with you. You should always have something to work on and imrpove upon even if you've been in the biz for 30 years.



*Poodle and I had our morning show today and it went very well. We did the same bit we do every week wit..."What celebrity do you hate?" We had a special guest in the studio talking about the celebrity that they hate and we had a professor call in! It's a great bit and it's growing. If you have a celebrity you hate, call us on Friday morning from 7 to 10AM at (724) 946-6089. Or you can post on my blog with a celebrity you hate. THIS WEEK, I HATE BILLY BOB THROTON. I think he is disgusting and sleezy. Who do you hate?




*I have 3 job interviews set up for next week at various places. I thought it would be a good idea to set them up then, since I have Spring Break coming up. I am not going anyplace warm like most people! This is critical job search time!



ARTICLE:

I talked about this this morning on the morning show, but I will say it again. I know people are really into The Apprentice and Survivor and I used to be into the Apprentice, but the 2 new best shows on Thursday nights are on MTV. There is Making the Band 3 with P.Diddy running the show. I love girl groups like Destiny's Child, so this show is great! They tried to do that once on the WB with Pop Stars and they came out with Eden's Crush who had one song, but I still loved it and I love this show! It's on at 10PM, so catch it! This is a great hour of TV because following Making the Band 3 is Power Girls. This is also a new show about working for major publicist, Lizzie Gruman. It's so great! These girls get to go to opeings of New York clubs and invite celebrities and watch them all night. The next morning they get up and talk about who the stars were flirting with, if they were drunk, and any gossip you can think of. Then, they call in to magazines and get them to write articles about this gossip! It's great TV! Catch it next week from 10-11PM on MTV!



*Just because we have Spring Break this week does not mean that Betty Croaker is done...Tune in to 98.3,104.3,94.9, and 103.5 and Hop through 12 in a row with me on Froggy!

MORE BLOGS ON THE WAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home