Tandi

Friday, February 18, 2005

PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS PROMOTIONS

THIS WEEK:

*I've been prmotions CRAZY this week! Dr. Barner wanted to save a long time tradition and save the name of our student union, which is the "Titan Union Building." We all call in the TUB for short. It has been formally changed to the "Orchard Street Cafe," but nobody calls it that. In order to save it, we need about 850 signitures on the "SAVE THE TUB PETITION." We've been broadcasting live from the "TUB," yesterday and we are doing that today as well. We are also walking around the basketball games tomorrow to get people to sign the petition. We were successful on Thursday with about 500 signitures and we need some more. I hope we can do it. For this project, I had help chasing people around and getting them to say one liners about saving the tub. We have 16 of those sweeper promos. I also created 2 on air promos for the DJ's to read at least once an hour. We even bought an actual baby tub to represent the tub and the students think that's really creative and funny. I owe that one all to Poodle's creative mind.

*The career center had me make more 30 second promos for the Internship Fair they are having on Tuesday. I'm typing up on-air promo cards to read for that as well.

*I am also getting all the details set up for "Titan Idol" next week. Obviosly, it's like American Idol. They are going to compete starting on Tuesday. What will happen is on the morning show for the next week through the following Monday, people will be able to call in and sing for us. We are going to record all the singers and the following week, we are going to play pieces of the song each person sang and the listeners will have a week to vote. The winner will get to sing the National Anthem at the Friday night Dance Theatre show on March 11. This is a big local community event and one of the biggest events on campus throughout the entire year. I'm not putting an age limit on the contest, so it will be interesting and fun! I will make 2, 30 second promos for it, and I will make on-air promos for the DJ's to read as well.

*Poodle and I had our morning show this morning and it was a lot of fun as ALWAYS! Our chemistry on the air gets better and better every week. Make sure you listen for it on Fridays at 7:00AM ...TP in the Morning on 89FM.

*I'm dancing in the basketball games tomorrow and I'm nervous about that, but Pat and I made up the dance, so I shouldn't be, but I am a little.

*I'm still waiting to hear from the Grad school I applied to. Everything is in, I just hope I get in.

*Right now, I'm on the hunt for a full-time job. May and graduation is approaching fast!


ARTICLE:


Radio One Exec Sees Reason For Hope

Radio One EVP/CFO Scott Royster said yesterday morning that his company is performing well so far this year, and sees indications that the radio industry is recovering. "There are reasons to be cautious and reasons to be optimistic," Royster said during his company's quarterly earnings call. "Our markets were up in the low-single-digits in January, and business appears to be improving modestly, month by month." He said that while local is healthy in some markets, national continues to be "a conundrum."
However, Royster said Radio One is taking steps to take more control over its fortunes. "As our new stations start to kick in later this year, that will give us some wind at our back, in addition to some strategic programming moves that we have made or will make at various points this year," he said. Still, Royster's not ready to declare that the radio industry's financial woes are behind it. "We are not yet ready to pound the table for radio yet, but perhaps a little light tapping is in order. We actually feel more optimistic than we have in a while. If the first six weeks of 2005 are any indication, Radio One is in for a very busy year in which the ground work will continue to be laid for a very exciting future."

*This article reminds me of the Program and Promotions class from last semester. What things should you consider as a programmer when starting a new station? Target Audience, competition, etc.


Listen for Betty Croaker this Saturday from 7 to midnight on Froggy! 94.9, 103.5, 104.3, and 98.3!

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2005 at 6:28 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

Haha I have one more promo request coming at you soon, too! It's for Locks of Love! details to come! Yay for promos, lol.

 
At February 23, 2005 at 11:44 AM, Blogger Pat Sandora said...

CONGRATULATIONS on getting into Point Park! I hope I didn't spoil the news for your next blog entry, but that's pretty exciting!!!! Love ya, T!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home