Tandi

Friday, February 25, 2005

I GOT IN!

GRAD SCHOOL:
This has been a good and productive week. I went to my mailbox on Tuesday and I recieved my acceptence letter for Point Park University for their Journalism and Mass Communications program! I was very excited because it will help me in the Broadcast field for where I want to be. I want to be an executive, or VP of Programming and run the station, and all the broadcasting companies I've talked to said that if that was the path I wanted to take, then Grad School would be a good option! Now, for my loaded senior year, getting into Grad School is one less thing I have to worry about! Now, the next thing to worry about is getting a job! Obviously, since the school is in Pittsburgh, I will be looking for a job in the Pittsburgh area.

THIS WEEK:
I ran Titan Idol this week and I am extending the contest because people are just catching on to the contest, so they are just starting to call in and compete. So, I am extending the contest til next Wednesday! I've been helping other organizations on campus as well this week. The career center needed promos for their resume building workshops and their Internship Fair, so I helped with that. The Admissions Office is having a slide show for their campus visitation day and they needed me to cut music for them. Poodle and I had our morning show today and we sound very good, if I don't say so myself. We have audience interaction, and our personalities really work well together. Every week, we are starting "What celebrity do you Hate." People are calling in and we're getting a good response. This morning someone called in and said they hated Linsay Lohan, and Star Jones. This segment is really funny. I will be critiquing some airchecks next week for The Radio/ and TV annoucning class for my Independent Study. I like helping people get better with their on-air personality and skills!

PROUD!
*Ijust wanted to take a moment to say that I am very proud of my fellow classmates for snagging some awesome opportunites! Congrats to Elizabeth Farry for snagging an internship with the weekend Today show in New York City as a SOPHOMORE! She has talent beyond her years and I'm sure she'll do well! I also have to take a moment and say that I am extremely proud of my friend and fellow senior broadcaster, Pat Sandora for snagging an interview with the Page Program in New York City! I can't express my happiness enough for them! I think they'd agree when I say that we all owe snagging these opportunities to our expereinces here at Westminster with the Broadcast Program and our wonderful faculty! Look out World! They're on their way!

ARTICLE:
I watched Jennifer Lopez and her first runway show on MTV last night. I have to say that she is one of the most powerful women in the entertainment industry and I would love to have as much poise and power as she does!

How many women can say they run the world and own almost everything they use on a daily basis?

BETTY CROAKER IS ON THIS SATURDAY FROM 7-MIDNIGHT ON FROGGY! TUNE IN AND JOIN ME! 94.9, 104.3, 103.5, 98.3!!!!

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2005 at 1:29 PM, Blogger Laura K. said...

Way to go Tand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home