Tandi

Friday, April 29, 2005

Am I going to live Happily Ever After?

*SAY FAREWELL TO BROADCASTING AT WESTMINSTER...
,

*Monday we had the Broadcast Communications Festival, which was a very successful day. I planned and scheduled the Titan Radio Remote in which we asked questions about artists and we gave away what Poodle would call(so, so Fly) Titan Radio T-shirts. We also gave tours of the remote truck. It was a cold day for a remote to be held outside, but it was still a great day. Myself, and all the rest of the seniors gave our senior presentations and they were all great. People that were not involved in broadcasting came out to see the presenations and they were all very impressed. Many don't realize all that it takes in Broadcasting. I went way over time and Mr. Weaver called me the new "Lorraine." She was a girl who graduated 2 years ago and she played almost every aircheck from news, radio announcing, and she played almost every package she ever made as well. (That was not me, but he thought it was funny).

*It was GREAT to see the underclassman come out and support us. It's amazing to me to see and listen to the growth in them. We all trained them and took them under our wing, and it makes me so proud to see how far they've come.

*I will miss everyone here and I could not have done it without all my fellow broadcasters, Mr. Weaver, and Dr. Barner. I hope to continue on in the biz and I owe all my success to all those who have supported me.

*Mine and Poodle's last morning show is on a special day...It's this upcoming Tuesday from 7 t0 10AM, and next year she will take on a morning show with Amanda Hauger. YOU GO GIRLS! HOLA GIRL! (Inside joke, sorry).



*Poodle had our morning show with WHAT CELEBRITY DO YOU HATE? This week, I hate Chris Klein! He is a sissy. Beth Grubbs called in and she hates Macy Gray cause she sounds like Donald Duck! I agree!
SISSY!



*We are having a Broadcast bonding day at my apartment next Wednesday and we are cooking out! WHAT FUN!

*We also had a fun night last night at our place for the last broadcast night together after our last television broadcast. We had some beverages and we sang some kareoke. I sang my standard songs...you gotta love it...Denise Williams-Let's Hear it For the Boy from FOOTLOOSE, and the Queen Of Soul, Aretha Frankin's RESPECT! What a great time!
, She looks really BAD here! Fake hair and that dress that

is not flattering. Come on Aretha, you're the Queen! You
can do better!


*This week I will be job searching and putting together my resume tapes! IT'S JOB TIME! HOP ON BOARD! LET'S GO!

*I want to say Happy Birthday to my friend AARON DAILEY! HE'S 22! Wow! I feel old!
HA! This is me when I'm old! She may be 80, but she can still party it up!


*Look for more blogs soon!

3 Comments:

At April 29, 2005 at 10:28 PM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I like teasing you-- you only went 5 hours and 10 minutes so you didn't break the old capstone record (WINK!)...and you didn't roll ever air check--and it wasn't boring as you took us for a stroll down Memory Lane (is she your sister?) LOL-- I'm KIDDING!

 
At May 1, 2005 at 11:18 AM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Company: Chicago Public Radio
Position: Listener Services Manager
Location: Illinois
Job Status: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Ad Expires: May 24, 2005


Description:
Chicago Public Radio currently seeks a Listener Services Manager for our Development Team. This 'hands-on` manager is responsible for administering the members' benefits program and ensuring exemplary customer service to our 57,000 members through phone and internet communication. This position supervises two positions, Listener Relations Associate and our Receptionist. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 3 years experience improving customer satisfaction and quality control, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, and Raiser’s Edge and experience working in a mission-based organization. Must be a team player!
Send letter, resume and 3 references to: WBEZ Radio, 848 E. Grand Ave., Navy Pier, Chicago, IL 60611.WBEZ is an EOE/AA emplo

 
At May 1, 2005 at 11:21 AM, Blogger Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Company: Chicago Public Radio
Position: Public Relations Coordinator
Location: Illinois
Job Status: Full-time
Salary: Not Specified
Ad Expires: May 6, 2005

Description:
Chicago Public Radio WBEZ-FM (91.5) seeks Public Relations Coordinator oversee media relations for station and its original programs.
Responsibilities include: Research, write press releases; pitch stories; coordinate public appearances by station staff. Minimum three years in media relations/communications with existing media contacts. Excellent writing, communications skills, including experience pitching and placing stories and responding to press inquiries. Strong computer skills required.

Send resume and references to H.R. Dept, Chicago Public Radio, Navy Pier, 848 E. Grand Ave., Chicago, IL 60611. WBEZ is an EOE/AA employer that seeks diversity in the workplace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home