Tandi

Friday, February 04, 2005

AMONG SICKNESS

THIS WEEK:

This week has been crazy! For some reason I've always been a pretty healthy girl, but I've been sick more times this year than I can count! Last week I had the flu and this week I got a sinus infection and I threw my back out at dance practice. I feel so accident prone!

Anyway, that didn't stop me from completing class work and duties. No matter how sick we all are, we still have dead lines that have to be met. I wroked at Froggy on Saturday night and I have to say that i think it was one of my best shifts ever! I started in August, and I've had many shifts since then, but it was my best shift ever! It makes me feel good that fellow seniors and Broadcasters listen and support me too. Thanks to Ian Durham, Megan Marshall, and Jason Mackey for listening and calling in and offering support! You guys ROCK!

Before the County Line yesterday, it was Salon de la Tandi. I did the Sports Director(Sebastian Driver's) make-up, Anchor Mike Wolenski's make-up and Anchor Shannon McClain's hair! Hey, you got to do what it takes to look good on camera!

I am creating a big promotion called Titan Idol, which of course will be like American Idol and the winner will get to perform on the busiest night of our Dance Theatre show here at Westminster! I still have a lot of details to work out.

We had a give away all week with T-shirts for an on campus event that is happening this weekend. I have to make a promo for the career center and they gave me a series of projects that I can be working on! We also have to pick love songs today for the Valentine's Day weekend next week.

Poodle and I had our morning show this morning and it went very well. We usually voice track the last hour, but we decided to stay and do it live!

My grad school application is still in the works! I applied, now the letters of recommendation have to be sent in, I have to write a statement of intent, and I have to send official transcripts. I'll still keep everyone updated on that process!

DANCE:
Mine and Pat Sandora's dancers are dancing tomorrow at the big rival basketball game!

ARTICLE:


Miss Info Considers Legal Action Against WQHT/New York

The lone team member not fired or suspended for the now-infamous airing of a parody song that made light of victims of the Dec. 26, 2004 South Asia tsunami is deciding whether or not to take legal action against the Emmis CHR/Rhythmic known as "Hot 97." According to her attorney, Kenneth Thompson, Miss Info is considering a lawsuit based on the station's creation of "a hostile work environment"; the host protested the airing of the song during a contentous on-air discussion with lead morning show member Miss Jones and another staffer, Todd Lynn, who has since been terminated from the station. The New York Daily News reports that Info is mulling legal action "if certain workplace issues cannot be resolved."

*UH-OH, is this similiar to another Howard Stern case? Would you take legal action or be offecded by this?

FROGGY....Tune into Betty Croaker on Froggy from 7 to midnight! 104.3, 103.5, 94.9, or 98.3!



1 Comments:

At February 8, 2005 at 12:02 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Hey Tand,

I had fun listening to you on Saturday! & I'm glad I got to hear your "best shift ever" :):)

OMG, Titan Idol -- that rocks!! I sang on "Froggy Idol" a couple years ago, lol. People will LOVE this idea -- especially while American Idol is going on. Maybe we'll discover the next William Hung! haha

Can't wait 'til the "Love Songs Weekend"!

Have a good week, Tand!
~Megs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home